Planning for a great year of inquiry
Successful inquiry learning happens when teachers consciously attend to the culture of the learning environment. Is your classroom a place in which students see themselves as capable, curious and creative learners? Is your classroom learner AND learning centred? Is it a habitat for wonder and a place in which thinking and questioning thrive? This term 4 workshop will be the perfect opportunity for teachers to reflect on the year AND to start planning for a year ahead in which the answer to all these questions will be a resounding YES! Throughout the day, Kath will share examples of and support participants in considering:
- The physical organisation of the learning space
- The co creation of learning agreements
- Goal setting and reflective routines
- Selecting compelling questions and contexts for inquiry while connecting to the curriculum
- Programming for personalised inquiry
- Ways to involve students in decision making and designing for their learning
- Ways to stimulate curiosity and questioning across the curriculum
Seastar Education’s final workshop for the 2017 is deliberately scheduled for later in the year 4 - as teachers begin thinking about the year ahead. This is a workshop designed to help you sow the seeds that will grow into a mighty year of inquiry based learning. Come along with your team and use the day to build a vision together and make some practical plans!
When and Where
When : Thursday 2 November 2017
Where: ACT - Canberra
Venue: Gungahlin Lakes Golf Club
Cnr Gundaroo & Gungahlin Drive (110 Gundaroo Drive)
Nicholls ACT 2913
Ph: (02) 6242 628(Main Reception)
1 or 2 people from the same school $265 + $26.50 GST per person
3 or more people from the same school $240 + $24 GST per person
In the event the workshop is cancelled, registration fees will be fully refunded.
Fees will be fully refunded when participants cancel their enrolment 7 or more days prior to the workshop.
No refund will be issued when participants cancel less than 7 days prior or fail to attend the workshop.
Workshop Book Discount Offer
Participants have the opportunity to purchase The Power of Inquiry with a $5.00 (ex gst) per book discount. As the book/s will be collected at the Workshop no shipping charges will be applied. Further details are provided on the Registration Form.
Please email Fiona at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with this product.
1) School Rate: From the drop down menu below please select a category representative of the total number of staff attending the workshop from your school
ie either "1 or 2 staff" or "3 or more staff".
2) Registrant Numbers: Enter the exact number in the Quantity box.
An Online Registration form will popup after clicking "add to cart". You will be asked to provide the name, role, email and dietary requirements for each registrant.