Leading for inquiry learning: a workshop for team leaders and coordinators (F-6)
This one day workshop is designed for teacher leaders in primary schools
who have the role of supporting staff in the implementation of inquiry based approaches. This may include curriculum coordinators, whole school coordinators with a tagged role specific to inquiry and team leaders or members of a team with the responsibility to lead inquiry.
Throughout the day, the following questions will be explored:
• What are some of the indicators of quality inquiry practice in the primary school?
• What are some of the key elements that need to be in place to maximize the effectiveness of an inquiry approach?
• How can we power up team collaboration?
• What processes enable a team to plan and monitor the development of an inquiry journey with and for their students?
• What is the role of the leader in planning conversations? How can we lead AS inquirers and foster a spirit of inquiry in the team/across the staff itself?
• What strategies and techniques can we use to empower teachers to use a more inquiry-based pedagogy in their classrooms?
• How can we grow a culture of inquiry across the school – where inquiry is a ‘way of being’ for us as teacher-learners?
Throughout the workshop, Kath will draw on her extensive experience of supporting schools around the world in the process of building inquiry culture and practices. Case studies of innovative and effective leadership and team work will be shared. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in conversation with others in order to build a shared understanding and repertoire of approaches.
When and Where
When : Friday 12 May 2017
Where: ACT - Canberra
Venue: Headley Beare Centre For Teaching and Learning
51 Fremantle Drive
Stirling ACT 2611
1 or 2 people from the same school $265 + $26.50 GST per person
3 or more people from the same school $240 + $24 GST per person
Full refund if more than 7 days notice.
No Refund if less than 7 days notice.
Online Registration includes a Registration form which must be completed.
Please email Fiona at email@example.com if you have any issues with this product.
Please indicate the number of staff from your school who will be attending the workshop and enter the exact number in the Quantity box.