The Power of Inquiry - classroom practices to nurture curiosity, critical thinking and metacognition through contemporary inquiry (f-6)
This is a practical workshop – designed for those new to inquiry and for those wishing to refresh and perhaps strengthen their existing understanding of the approach. Using practical examples from classrooms and a range of interactive strategies and around the world, Kath will explore the following questions:
• What are the key elements of an inquiry based classroom? What is the teacher’s role? What is the learner’s role?
• How can inquiry be used as an approach across the curriculum?
• What frameworks can assist us in planning and teaching for inquiry (whole school concept-based frameworks and planning frameworks)
• What teaching strategies help develop student’s skills and dispositions as inquirers?
• How can we strengthen the place of 21st learning skills and dispositions (such as research skills) through inquiry?
• What does planning for quality inquiry look like? How can we make this a joyful and invigorating experience for us and out students?
• What resources can help us power up inquiry learning in our school?
Kath has had an overwhelmingly positive response to her latest book “The Power of Inquiry.” This workshop will further enable teachers to get their head around inquiry and make it happen in their classroom.
When and Where
When: Thursday 25 May 2017
Where: SA - Adelaide
Venue: Glenelg Golf Club
James Melrose Road
Novar Gardens SA 5040
1 or 2 people from the same school $265 + $26.50 GST per person
3 or more people from the same school $240 + $24 GST per person
Full refund if more than 7 days notice.
No Refund if less than 7 days notice.
Online Registration includes a Registration form which must be completed.
Please email Fiona at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with this product.
Please indicate the number of staff from your school who will be attending the workshop and enter the exact number in the Quantity box.